- An estimated $1.1 billion jackpot, with a $568.7 million cash option, is up for grabs for Tuesday night’s Mega Millions drawing.
- Mega Millions hasn’t seen a jackpot winner since October, causing the game’s jackpot to grow by 24 consecutive draws.
- The chances of winning a Mega Millions jackpot are extremely slim, with odds of 1 in 302.6 million.
The jackpot will grow, United States.
The Mega Millions jackpot has grown back to an estimated $1.35 billion after there was no winner for Tuesday’s biggest prize.
the estimate $1.35 billion jackpot The prize would only be distributed to a winner who chooses an annuity paid over 29 years. Almost all jackpot winners receive a cash payment, which for Friday night’s drawing is estimated at $707.9 million.
The game’s jackpot has risen to this historic amount because no one has ever hit the Mega Millions jackpot since October – making the prize grow in 25 consecutive draws.
The chances of winning a Mega Millions jackpot are extremely slim, with odds of 1 in 302.6 million.
Here’s what you need to know.
MEGA MILLIONS DRAW TIME? The all-time jackpot goes up to $1.1 billion (and counting).
Mega Millions Winning Numbers for 01/10/23
The winning numbers for Tuesday night’s drawing were 7, 13, 14, 15, 18, Mega Ball: 9, and Megaplier was 3X.
Did someone win Mega Millions on Tuesday night?
The jackpot will grow to an estimated $1.35 billion after there is no winner of the latest giant lottery jackpot.
The next opportunity is Friday the 13th.
Superstitious lottery players might want to keep an eye out for the next Mega Millions drawing, which falls on friday the 13th.
According to Mega MillionsOver the years, six of the game’s top prizes have been won on a Friday the 13th.
Friday will also mark seven years since three tickets split the then-largest lottery jackpot in US history. On January 13, 2016 (sadly a Wednesday, not a Friday), three winners, including one in Melbourne Beach, cashed in the $1.586 billion Powerball prize.
FRIDAY THE 13TH:Why is the ominous date so scary?
How do I play Mega Millions?
To enter Mega Millions, players choose six numbers, or choose to have the lottery machine generate an “Easy Pick” or “Quick Pick” at random:
- Five numbers will go from 1 to 70 (white balls)
- You can choose a number from 1 to 25 (Golden Mega Ball)
If your ticket matches all six of the drawing’s winning numbers, you’ll win the jackpot. there’s also smaller prizes depending on how many balls your numbers match.
The cost to play Mega Millions is $2 per ticket. You can add the Megaplier for $1, which will increase your potential prize amount by up to five times the original prize (excluding the jackpot).
Mega Millions can be played in 45 states, the District of Columbia, and the US Virgin Islands.
What are my chances of winning?
Although the giant jackpot can be tempting, it is important to note that the odds of taking home a jackpot are extremely slim.
- The odds of winning the jackpot are 302,575,350 to 1.
- The odds of hitting all five white balls are 12,607,306 to 1.
Top 10 Mega Millions jackpots
Here’s a look at the top 10 Mega Millions jackpots:
- $1.537 billion, October 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina.
- $1.337 billion: July 29, 2022: Won in Illinois.
- $1.1 billion (estimated): January 10
- $1.05 billion, January 22, 2021: Won in Michigan.
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas, Maryland.
- $648 million, December 17, 2013: Two winners in California, Georgia.
- $543 million, July 24, 2018: Won in California.
- $536 million, July 8, 2016: Won at Indiana.
- $533 million: March 30, 2018: Won in New Jersey.
- $522 million: June 7, 2019: Won in California.
The biggest lottery prizes in history
Here’s a look at the 10 biggest lottery prizes, between Powerball and Mega Millions:
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, November 7, 2022: Won in California.
- $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee.
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina.
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Won in Illinois.
- $1.1 billion (estimated): January 10
- $1.05 billion Mega Millions, January 22, 2021: Won in Michigan.
- $768.4 million Powerball, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin.
- $758.7 million Powerball, August 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts.
- $730 million Powerball, January 20, 2021: Won in Maryland.
- $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021: Won in California.
What is everyone talking about? Subscribe to our trends newsletter to receive the latest news of the day.
Collaboration: Jennifer Sangalang, florida today; The Associated Press